Job Title: Fire Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Due to a restructuring within our Fire business, a permanent position has arisen for a full time Fire Engineer.
The successful candidate will have previous engineering experience in the install, commissioning, and maintenance of fire systems with experience and accreditation on GENT systems essential.
The position will be site based and frequent travel is a pre-requisite of the role. A Company vehicle will be provided.
- Identify, repair and replace system components as necessary
- Accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- To maintain vehicle stocks of materials and necessary tools
- Always deliver Excellent Customer Service
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fully conversant with current products within the industry
- A working knowledge of relevant British Standards
- An excellent and engaging communication style
- Customer centric
- A problem solver
- Proactive, resilient and a team-player
- An ambassador for the Pointer brand
- Curious and passionate about continuous improvement
- Valid UK driving License
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Opportunities
- Company Vehicle
- 20 Annual Holidays Increasing to 25 Annual After 1 Year
- An extra day off on your birthday
- 10 public holidays every year
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Additional Information for Applicants
Pointer is a values driven organization which is celebrating it’s 50th year in 2022. It is a specialist electronic security and fire detection integrator employing 160 colleagues across the UK, with annual revenues of £17,000,000. We pride ourselves on delivering excellence to all our customers many of which are blue chip. Delivery of excellence stems from our colleagues who are our greatest assets.
Many of our colleagues are long serving, often having started as part of our long running apprentice scheme. Our culture is based on trust, respect, empowerment, engagement and customer focus.
We are an IIP Gold accredited organization with aspirations to be Platinum accredited within the next 2 years.
Pointer specialises in the design, installation, service, maintenance and monitoring of electronic security systems and has an in-depth knowledge of and experience in the delivery of large-scale projects for blue-chip clients that recognise the importance of managing risk to their staff, property, and key data. Our Values are Passion, Respect, Integrity, Delivery and Expertise.
The market sectors in which we work include Utilities, Oil and Gas, Banking and Financial, Retail and Distribution and Custodial.
To apply get in contact by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference above